Yoni steaming – an ancient practice
Yoni steaming is an ancient practice where you precisely steam your pussy! Vaginal steaming, also called in English "yoni steaming", is an aromatic seat bath, where a woman allows a hot bath of herbal water to steam up in the abdomen.
Thousands of women have experienced great benefits from regular yoni steaming. Yoni steaming is an ancient holistic health practice that has become part of the self-care routine of thousands of women around the world, and it is a practice that has become more and more popular in the Western world in recent years. But it is something that has been practiced for hundreds of years in both Central and South America, India, Korea and Eastern Europe as a normal part of a woman's life.
But why yoni steam?
Yoni steaming is a beautiful way to awaken your sacred sexuality, your vulva and to open up to self-love, feminine receptivity and to the Goddess herself.
It can be a really powerful experience and is something I try to do once a week because it really increases my sense of softness, self-care and self-love in a way that feels like pure magic.
There are many women, incl. myself, who have been exposed to trauma and transgressive experiences against the pussy, and all of this can manifest as pain, discomfort and blockages in the abdomen to such an extent that one can experience painful periods, cysts on the ovaries, chronic tension, irregular menstrual cycle, fungus and various "female diseases" in the abdomen.
As women, we learn our traumas in the womb. This is why a regular yoni steam is important. Yoni steaming can, in a gentle, gentle, simple and effective way, support and nourish the vagina and the feminine genitals and re-establish and re-awaken the connection to the abdomen.
Yoni steam dates all the way back to prehistoric times and is especially part of Mayan cultures and used to balance and cleanse the uterus when there are problems with menstruation, after birth and at menopause to cleanse the uterus of remnants of the last blood.
Yoni steam is also a powerful way to give herbal medicine to one's vulva and vagina. The properties of the plants are absorbed through the steam into the vaginal walls and cervix, directly into the bloodstream. This means that you will experience immediate healing, peace and well-being for the pelvis.
Physical & sexual benefits of yoni steaming:
- Reduces menstrual pain, bloating and fatigue associated with menstruation
- Reduces very painful and heavy menstruation
- Regulates and balances an irregular or absent menstrual cycle
- Can remedy fertility problems
- Faster and better healing and toning of the genitals after birth
- Can relieve muscle tension, pelvic floor myosis, cysts, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, prolapsed uterus and incontinence
- Cleans stretch marks and wounds after birth or caesarean section
- Soothes and removes hemorrhoids
- Treatment of fungal or yeast infections in the vagina and helps to maintain a healthy smell in the abdomen
- Reduces symptoms of menopause, e.g. dryness or pain during intercourse
- Cleanses and detoxifies the uterus and the body
- Stimulates the nervous system in the vagina, so that large amounts of the love hormone oxytocin are released in the body
- Increases circulation to the uterus
- Increases sex drive and sensual passion
- Stronger and more satisfying orgasms.
Emotional & spiritual benefits of yoni steaming:
- Helps against insomnia and increases the vividness of your dreams
- Relieves tension and creates a state of happiness and feminine empowerment
- Re-establishes the contact with the earth, Mother Earth and the spirits and healing effect of the plants
- Teaches you about herbal medicine
- Helps to re-establish a sacred connection to your ancient feminine wisdom in the womb
- Releases accumulated and forgotten emotions such as stress, tension, anxiety and blockages from the lower abdomen
- Can help heal mental and sexual trauma, e.g. after abuse, abortion or difficult births
- Helps to heal body, mind and heart from PTSD, trauma, assault, abuse, surgeries or negative beliefs about female gender encoded in you from upbringing, culture and/or society
- Gives you access to the feminine energy that increases radiance, intuition and creative potential
- Opens up the magic and creative abilities of your yoni and womb
- Increases sex drive, joy of life and qualities associated with the hara chakra
- Supports you in transitional phases throughout your womanhood
- Increases self-love and self-care
Who can yoni steam?
Yoni steaming is a wonderful opportunity to reconnect with your body and activate your sexual fervor. Most women will have a great positive effect from trying a yoni steaming. You will probably feel a big difference that this ancient practice if you suffer from irregularities in your cycle and painful periods, infertility, tears and wounds after childbirth, chronic cystitis, fungal and yeast infections, hemorrhoids, hysterectomy, cysts of the genital organs (ovary, uterus or vagina), scarring after caesarean section, surgery or the like. Vaginal steaming is also recommended, even if you don't experience any of the above, as it's a great way to calm and care for yourself and is known to calm the nervous system and especially relieve anxiety in women.
Who should NOT yoni steam?
First of all, women who are pregnant or suspected of being pregnant should not steam their abdomen. This can put the pregnancy at risk, as many of the herbs used can alter hormone levels and can cause uterine contractions.
For the same reason, it is also not recommended for women who have an IUD inserted. But there are some who believe that it is okay to do for 5-10 min., but check with yourself and ask your gynecologist if you are in doubt.
It is also not good to do during ovulation if you are trying to get pregnant.
Women who have any active internal infection of the cervix, uterus, or ovary and are experiencing a fever should also not vape, at least not until the symptoms have resolved.
Women should also not yoni steam during menstruation, as a downward cleansing effect is already underway and should not be disturbed.
When there is the presence of open sores, herpes or blisters. Do not steam the area until the blisters have burst and/or until the infected area has healed.
How often is it recommended to do a yoni steaming?
- General self-care: 1-4 times a month
Pain, cramps, bloating, exhaustion: 2-3 times a week before menstruation
Fertility: 1-2 times a week
Postpartum healing: 2-3 times a week for 4 weeks (after the bleeding has stopped)
Menopause: 3-4 times a year
Our yoni steam blend
We sell yoni steam herbs from Gemstone Yoni, and it contains 7 different organic herbs:
ROSE softens, relaxes, cools, nurtures and loves your uterus.
HIBISCUS moisturises, cleanses and nourishes the kidneys.
BASIL anti-spasmodic, tones and strengthens.
CHAMOMILE relieves anxiety, fatigue and depression, de-stressing, anti-spasmodic and cleansing.
MORGENFRUE heals, warms and softens tissues.
LEMONGRASS strengthens digestion and circulation.
RØLLIKE strengthens circulation throughout the abdomen, anti-spasmodic, cleanses blood and liver, regulates menstrual flow, healing energy.
* Yoni steaming is an alternative form of treatment and must be done with common sense and must not stand in place of medical treatment. If you have a serious illness, contact your doctor and/or gynecologist.